Severe Weather - Natural Disasters
- Follow instructions as provided by your Department/University
- Listen to radio and television for weather updates
- Check the McMurry University website, McMurry email, and/or the media for return to work status
- Go to basement or lowest floor of building
- Stay away from exterior walls, doors, and windows
- If possible, immediately move to Radford, Garrison Campus Center, or Jay Rollins Library (buildings with basements).
- Move to interior hallways and small interior rooms (e.g., bathroom, closet, etc.)
- Get under a piece of furniture if possible (e.g., sturdy table, desk)
- Remain in safety area until administration, McMurry Security, or local emergency personnel give notice that all is clear.
- Call 911 if emergency help is needed
Buildings with Basements
- Jay Rollins Library
- Garrison Campus Center
- Gold Star Residence Hall
- Education Building (Graham Education Building) [limited space available]